Black out

Look who's back!  

I've finally motivated myself to blog again.  Once I got out of the habit for a week at my Grandpa's (who has no Internet), I found that it was a little more difficult to organize my thoughts.

Over the next week or so, I will be posting to try and catch you up on what has been going on in my life for the past few weeks.

Wednesday was probably the most interesting day of my week. Chels and I went out to the barn early in the morning and went for a ride with Kit and Orion.  Kit was a perfect angel for most of the ride, which will be startling to some people.  I really think that most of her problem normally is that she isn't handled enough - but with everyone back from school for the month, she's been getting tons of attention from Chelsea. 

We were out on the road for about an hour and a half.  It was fairly uneventful, if you don't count Orion's sudden stops.  He likes to stop to look at things and then continue on in his own fashion...unless you're trying to get him to be lead horse.  In that case, he stops and refuses to move....even with me clucking, kicking, and tapping him with the crop.  Instead, he backs up.  Right.  I'm not kidding.  Loose reins and all, and he backs up.  I think he was going for turning around and going back home instead, but Kit was behind him.  The closer he backed toward her, the further her ears laid back toward her head.  I finally just made him flex so he could look back at her and how pissed she looked and said, "You'd better start walking buddy, or she's gonna take a chunk out of your butt." Total coincidence, I'm sure, but a few seconds later, he was moving forward.  Haha. :)

So, on the way back, I started to feel lightheaded.  I didn't say much about it, but then a little farther up the road, I started to actually get dizzy, and a little farther than that, I started to feel like I was going to be sick.  Baaaaad sign.  I have passed out from low blood sugar before, and I know what it means when I finally hit that place where I think I'm going to be sick.  I dismounted and for some reason thought I was capable of walking back.  *facepalm*  Chels realized she had sugar cubes in her pocket, so I went over to get those....and I didn't get more than four or five steps.  I remember asking her to take Orion's reins and reaching for the cubes, and the next thing I remember I was on the ground underneath Kit.

Apparently I dropped the hand holding the reins so Chels couldn't take them and then just slid down Kit's shoulder and laid down underneath her belly.  So in the meantime, Chels was trying to move Kit without having her step on me - because I was in the exact spot where she needed to dismount, and there was a ditch on her other side.  What woke me up was Kit's front foot coming down in front of my face - it barely grazed my forehead, but it was enough to wake me up.

Linda (owner of the barn) drove out and picked me up.  By this point, Orion had moseyed on down the road and stopped in front of Linda's house.  Her husband went out to catch him as she was coming to pick me up, and he thought he was going to have to chase him to get him.  Haha, nope.  Orion was just standing by some pine trees, staring at them with his cute little contemplative expression.  (One day, I will take a picture while he's doing this - it's adorable and hilarious.)  He just waited for someone to come and get him - probably because he knew he would get food when he was taken back to the barn.

Linda gave me a little bit of food while Chelsea and Linda's husband took care of the horses, and then we got some lunch, and everything was good!

All in all, it was a pretty interesting day.


Comments