Here's to 2014!



Hello all!

As I write today, I am actively putting off packing to go back to my grandpa's and resume working.  Though I am done with undergrad now, I am still working as manager and soon-to-be supervisor with my school's dining hall and restaurant, which are run by Sodexo.  I start my training tomorrow, so instead of remaining at home, chilling with the family and catching up on my TV shows (some of which I was nearly 2 years behind on - ugh, school!), I'll be going back this evening to get settled back in there and resume work tomorrow morning.

Right now, I'm also trying to hash out a tentative plan for life after this school semester.  I'm only working, not taking classes for the next five months, and I'm saving up as much money as I possibly can so that I can move back to my hometown and get a place of my own here.  I wanted to do that now, but when offered the promotion with Sodexo, I decided to stay there until the spring semester is over.  After that, I want to move back and start over here.  I want to get a job here, an apartment, and start taking my online classes for my master's certificate in GIS.  Over these next few months I'll be actively looking for a car (still don't have one) and looking into apartments here at home.

So, in the spirit of looking forward, over the past week or so, I've been putting together a list of 10 goals that I have for 2014.

1. Get my license. (I've lost count of how many times I've had my permit now, and it always expires before there's time to take the damn driving test.)
2. Buy a car.
3. Read 5 of the "classics".
4. Blog more.
5. Try at least 10 new recipes.
6. Lose 15 pounds.
7. Get an apartment.
8. Take the GRE.
9. Start work on earning my master's certificate in GIS.
10. Work with Orion more and stop being afraid to go faster than a trot.

So yeah, there are big things and small things on that list.  Important life-changing things, and fun, entertaining things.  I want this year to be about growth and enjoying life to the fullest and getting out there in the "real world" more.  I feel like I've grown a lot in the past year, for various reasons, and I want to keep that going.

So here's to 2014!

What are some of your goals for this year?

Comments

  1. Good luck with your goals :) I hope the year goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a big year in the making!

    My biggest equine goal is getting Griffin further along in his "steady eddy" status.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love hearing your feedback!