Writing Challenge

Do you ever feel like you're just stuck in a rut? 

As I wrote a little bit about last night, there are so many things I've been wanting to do or get back into doing for forever...  I'm not sure saying that I'm stuck in a rut is really the right terminology for it, but in relation to some things, it's close.  I'm doing plenty of other things and feel accomplished with 95% of the things going on in my life right now, but it's just difficult to find the time to fit in everything I want to do.  Sometimes when I find the time to do things that I've been wanting to do, I'm so burnt out by everything else that I just don't have the motivation, mentally and sometimes physically, to get into anything else.

One of those things (there are many) is writing.  I've always loved it.  It's always been my release and the thing that helped me work through things.  I don't really feel like that's the reason I need to do it these days, though.  I'm pretty happy with my life and don't feel like I need to "work through" anything, which is honestly such a blessing and maybe part of the reason why I've been for the most part okay with the fact that writing has been absent in recent years.  I want to do it because I enjoy it, but I don't feel like I need to do it, which are two completely different reasons.

It can be difficult to get back into something when you haven't been in the habit of doing it for so long.  That's why I'm challenging myself...and you, if you want to participate.  Officially starting tomorrow, I'm going to start writing once a day, every day, for a month.  What happens after that can be decided then, but maybe by then I'll have an old habit back.

It doesn't have to be anything long.  It doesn't have to be something you think other people would consider important.  Just something to stretch the creative muscles again and something that's meaningful to you. 

No pressure.  I do take into account how my words and actions will affect other people because I want to be a good person, but I've had to let go of what other people's conceptions of me are and quit worrying about it like I used to.  It's made life much more peaceful and less stressful. 

That's what I want this challenge to reflect.  Be yourself.

Starting tomorrow, for the next 30 days, I'll try to put up one post a day.  If you embark on this little journey with me, post a link back to your post (whether it's a blog, Facebook, Twitter, whatever your platform is), on whatever the most recent post is here.  If you want to be even more adventurous, use the hashtag #alittlesliceofmylife if you're posting your writings on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram (those are the main forms of social media I use).  I'll check them each day to see what you've shared.

Happy writing!  I'll see you tomorrow!


Comments