Walking It Off - Writing Challenge, Day 5

Remember how I said I was trying to get back into being active again?

I've honestly and truly slacked for the past month or so.  I've walked periodically but haven't been going consistently for a month.  I started trying again this week.  I've been feeling pretty sluggish and blah, so I need to do something to turn that around.

I'm thinking about starting to do some yoga and other at-home workouts here and there too.  Fitbit has tons of good stuff on its apps.  I actually paid a while back for a year's subscription to some of it so I could unlock more of the workouts, but there are plenty to get you started that are free, especially if you already have other things you're incorporating into your exercise regimen.

In the meantime though, walking is, for me at least, a good way to slowly push myself into moving more.  Then I'm a little more limber when I get into the workouts.






Tuesday evening I hit my goal of 10,000 steps for the first time in forever!  Then I followed that up with doing it again on Wednesday. Thursday, I took a break. I started the day with the intention of trying to hit 10,000 again, but holy crap....I’m so sore! And I kind of can’t believe how pathetic I feel since that was only 2 days of upped movement. But I decided to do some other stuff and then settle in for a more relaxed evening. I didn’t even come close to my goal, but I’ll pick it back up today. I’m planning to potentially go to the barn this evening, and I always get way more steps than I realize I’m doing when I’m out there.



Comments