A Little News

Well, it looks like Orion may be exfoliating his feet?  I've never heard about this before, but Liz and Aric went out to actually trim his feet this time on Tuesday.  He was apparently being a butt about lifting them, as usual, and kept bunny-hopping and trying to get away from Aric. *sigh*  I'm gonna have to do some work with that issue...but first I have to get him to lift them for me.

Anyway, they went out; his sole was black in one of his right fronts and was soft to touch.  Aric lanced it and turned out there was a cavity underneath. ????
I just read a bit more about it today, and apparently it's normal.  Especially after a rain when the ground is damp.  Orion is barefoot, so that may have something to do with it? I don't know.  Gonna do a little more research, but for now, that's all I've got.

The good news is, he appears to finally be sound!
Liz thinks I may be able to start riding him at a walk next time I get out there, which may hopefully (fingers crossed) be on Sunday.

In the meantime, I have a concert at Adaland to play at this evening with my flute choir.  Homecoming A-B alumni and all that.  Tomorrow morning I work until 2 or so, then have to meet the flute choir girls again at 3:30 at the chapel for the actual Homecoming concert.  After that I may have some free time, but I don't know what time it's over, so it's a little hard to make plans with anyone to get to Elkins.  Blahhh.  So Sunday after 5, is when I'm hoping to go.  My uncle's girlfriend wants to take her boys up to see Orion and the other horses.  :)  It might happen then.

For now though, I'm going to go grab some lunch because I am starving and then finish some trig homework for class at 2.  Ohh the life of a college student.  I love it. :)
I'll probably get back on here a little later and post a few pictures I took on the way down to work yesterday. :)

Comments