Hii!

So it's been a little while...again. I'm becoming a bad blogger these days.

I've been working on a few projects over break...not the ones I said I was going to, which involved making lip balm with beeswax and essential oils and other cool stuff, sugar scrubs, and lotions. I looked up a whole bunch of recipes, but then dingbat me forgot to take the oils home with me, so that foiled the whole plan.

So instead, I started cross stitching again.  I've known how to do it since I was little, and I did a few projects last year.  I made the unicorn picture from a couple posts ago (it's a pattern from the book "Teach Me to Stitch" that my grandparents bought for me when I first started cross-stitching).  It's going to go to the 1-year-old daughter of a girl I work with.  Since I finished that, I've been working on a bunch of bookmarks for people.  I bought a book of patterns called "Hold That Thought Bookmarks" by Sandy Orton from the craft store at Meadowbrook Mall. I had a bunch of friends and family pick out which ones they liked and bought the thread for the first 6 or 7 of them.  The first one I did is going to be a surprise late birthday gift for a friend's birthday.  I just have to get the felt backing for it.  I've finished two others as well:


The one on the left is for my mom, and the one on the right is for my uncle's girlfriend.  I'm going to start one for my younger brother next.  More pictures will come as I finish more of them. :) 

Comments