Fitness

Well, I've done it.

I've finally started a fitness plan..sort of. Ish.  I've been complaining for forever about how out of shape I am, how I need to eat healthier, how I need to work out more, blah blah blah.  I've started things to deal with that in the past...but never have the motivation to stick with it.

This time, my friend V has decided to be my "personal trainer".  She got herself into awesome shape a couple summers ago, and is going to kick my butt into shape now.

Let me just say... I'm excited.  I'm also terrified.

I'm doing the whole shebang - healthier eating and working out every other day in the gym.  Monday evening, after stretching, she had me do 10 minutes of very fast walking on the treadmill (I seriously thought I was gonna fly off the back of it), 20 minutes on the cross-trainer, and 10 more minutes of treadmill.  Afterward we did ab excercises and more stretching.  I thought I was gonna die.  And that was a fairly simple workout.  Just shows how out of shape I am.

Afterward we sat there and talked about how much I've changed since high school.  I showed her some pictures, and she was shocked.  I was too when I looked back through some old ones a few weeks ago and saw them.  I've gained 20+ pounds since I graduated high school.

Four Years Ago:





May 2012



August 2012


The last, most recent, is the most embarrassing.... That shirt is the same one I was wearing in the first picture above.  It was really that that hit me hard when I was going through these.  It's probably the best motivation I've had for a very long time.  I miss being in shape and being able to simply walk up a steep hill without feeling like my heart's going to beat out of my chest and I'm going to pass out.  I miss being able to wear size 5 pants...I'm in anywhere from a 10 to a 13 now. O.o  It's so frustrating.

But here's the kicker: in one of my classes last week, a girl asked me if I was pregnant. 

W....T.....F.....

Yeah.

I was so shocked and embarrassed, the only thing I could do was say "What?? No!!" and then not look at her for the rest of the class.

Then I started looking through old pictures again and looking in the mirror and decided that I had to start doing something about it.  Right now.  

Image aside, I just want to feel healthy again.  My family has a lot of health problems, many that can be avoided by lifestyle choices, and I don't want to end up making the wrong choices.  I want to turn it around.

So.

That's my story for the day.

The embarrassing pictures are out there for everyone to see, so now I have to stay motivated to do this.

Feel free to leave any tips or motivation!

Comments

  1. Good job! I am working on getting in shape, too. I have started doing yoga during lunch with my co-worker, I do deep water aerobics once a week, and I just got a book on rider fitness with a program that I am going to start. We can keep each other motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday when you're well on your way to being fit again, you should work toward doing a fun 5k race like one of these:

    http://thecolorrun.com/
    http://www.godirtygirl.com/

    I know those would bring *me* some motivation! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love hearing your feedback!