Music Monday...and a Bit Else

This week's song: Science and Faith by The Script.

I think we all have those people in our lives that have vastly different beliefs than us.  Whether it's science vs. faith, science vs. love, or something else completely... We all have that one person that we can debate with endlessly about an issue and always hit a brick wall at warp speed...every time.

This has always been one of my favorite songs by The Script, but I hadn't listened to it for a while...until last week when I had my iPod on shuffle and it rolled around onto my now playing screen.  It took me about 2 seconds to recognize that it describes pretty accurately quite a few conversations that I've had with someone in the past few months.  

Since then, instead of feeling dejected or angry about it, this song has sort of helped me realize how much more life has to offer me that that person does not.  Different views don't make a person bad...but they can limit them, even when they don't realize it.  I'm glad that I'm open to what my faith - faith in God, faith in life, faith in love - has to offer me, in addition to my own logic.  I feel freer for it, and I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have that.

Comments

  1. I love a good science vs. faith debate... What were you talking about, specifically?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..I believe you already know, but if not, IM me on Facebook. We'll have a good long chat. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love hearing your feedback!