A Cold Winter's Night

With the cold weather setting in, it's made for some perfect evenings sitting at home with Darryl watching TV (right now we're watching Fixer Upper on Hulu) and crocheting. 

I feel a little like an old lady saying that, but you know what?  Who cares.  Anyone who knows me knows I'm a homebody.  Clearly I am not ashamed. lol



We live in a house that was built in 1938.  It needed a lot of things when we bought it, a lot of which have been addressed, but things like windows? That's going to take a bit longer to save up for, and all but maybe one need replaced.  So we put this plastic stuff up to help seal in the heat when it gets cold, but this year its been so warm up until now that we haven't put the plastic up yet.

Cue huddling up under blankets while the fire roars (gas fireplace+fan+ceiling fan heats the whole downstairs pretty well!).  I came home today and found one of our cats, Leo, huddled in a ball on the rocking chair next to the fire, with his fur fluffed up more than usual (he's a fluff ball to start with).  He ended up moving into the recliner with Darryl, who put a blanket over him and they snuggled together. No one else was quite that cold, but for some reason Leo just wasn't a warm kitty earlier.  He's fine now though - huddled up a cushion away from me on the couch.

In my case, I've been working on a blanket for us to use, and it's going to be really warm.  How do I know?  As I work on it, it covers my lap, and doubles as a functional blanket even though it's only a little over a foot long so far.  Yay!  It's also going to be really pretty, so I can't wait until it's done.  Not sure who's going to use it more - Darryl or me. 



..........I might have to make a second blanket.

Comments