TGIF - Writing Challenge, Day 12

I've been doing a lot of late night writing lately.  It's not a habit I particularly want to be in, but here we are.  I am so tired, but I'm determined to do this whole thirty days thing, so...it might be a short one tonight.  A short post is better than no post at all though, right?

This week felt exhaustingly long, but sort of flew by at the same time...as little sense as that makes.  We laid my great uncle's wife to rest yesterday.  It was an emotional time for all.

I had planned on following that up later in the day with some happiness in going to see Orion, but I ended up with a close second to the worst migraine I've had in quite a while, so that didn't happen.  I'm gunning to hopefully do that this weekend instead.

I worked in Philippi today and hurried to get home so we could go to the rodeo at the Randolph County Fair tonight.  It apparently wasn't Darryl's cup of tea, but I had fun!  I got to see a friend barrel race, and the calf scramble and branding were hilarious.  It probably wasn't the cowboys' night tonight, but it was still entertaining, at least to me.  I drooled over the horse in the arena the whole time.  I probably will never have Orion trained to that standard, but I could easily picture him doing something like that.........if he wasn't terrified of cows...hahaha...


Comments