Senior Project

So, it's almost official.

I'm almost positive that I'm going to do my senior project on horses and kids with autism.  I've only been researching it for about a day and a half, so I obviously don't have many details worked out, but I found my article for my research methods class, and that's a start.  <--Total run-on sentence there, but oh well. :)

I'm getting pretty excited about the idea the more I read about the topic.  It's going to be a lot of hard work preparing for it, but if I can pull it off, I know it will be rewarding.  There are a lot of factors to take into consideration - I'm going to see if I can use the 4-H arena as a venue once a week or something during a set period of the summer.  I'll have to find a desensitization clinic to take Orion to to make sure he's as bomb-proof as possible for the kids.  He's very calm and laid back as it is, and I plan on doing some work with him myself to help that even more.  I still want an official kind of something saying that he's good to go though.  More than likely, I'll need to have that anyway.  There will be liability things to deal with, as there always are when working around horses.  I had to sign a liability waver when I decided to keep Orion out at Linda's.  That will definitely have to be something to do.

It will be a lot of work, but it will be something I know I'm going to enjoy and that relates back to my passion for horses and my love of science.  

Not to mention I'll be helping a lot of kids.

It's a win-win situation.

:)

Comments

  1. There's a theraputic riding program in Fairmont that deals with stuff like your senior project. WVU has her teaching a class there. If you'd like I can get the phone number for you... She might be able to help you with Orion, or at least help answer some of your questions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love hearing your feedback!