An Update About Everything..

Hola! :)

Hope everyone is doing well.  I haven't written for a little while on account of being busy and just trying to stay off of the computer more for a while in order to be more productive.  I felt like the internet was starting to rule my life and distracting me from the things I was supposed to be doing.

Of course, I can't stay off of it forever - I need it for school. lol 
Typing notes, research, that kind of stuff.

So, I'm caught up for the moment.  I have a little bit of homework, but I'm saving that for my two hours in the library for work study later.  If I do it now, I'll only be able to read (which I am completely capable of :P) for those two hours.  Time goes by faster when I have something to actually work on though.


This weekend was pretty eye-opening for me.

It got out to a pretty slow start.  Last week exhausted me.  I was sort of sick for most of it, so after work on Friday night, I just kind of crashed and did some relaxing and went to bed.  Then I slept through half of Saturday.  Literally.  I stayed in bed and read and slept until 2:00.  My boss called me in to work a couple hours early, so I ended up working for like 6 1/2 hours straight - it was fine with me, as we weren't uber busy, and that meant more money for me, or so I thought.  Turns out, I only made like $35. <-- On a Saturday evening!  It was awful.  I went back to my dorm really depressed and wondering why I even bother working there anymore.  I love the people I work with, and I love working there - but the whole point of being there is to be making money so that I don't have to rely on my family for it anymore, and that is slowly not happening.  Business has been slower and slower the past couple of weeks, and everyone is on edge about it.

I guess I can only wait and see what is going to happen, but I'm seriously deliberating about what other places I can put in an application for.

Sunday was a lot better.  Vanessa and I went to my church (Philippi Baptist) together.  I've been meaning to ever since I came back to school, but I'm always exhausted from studying the night before or I oversleep - it just seems like there's always an excuse.  A few weeks ago, Sarah Ferguson, a woman my mom went to school with and who goes to Philippi Baptist, messaged me on Facebook and asked if I'd be interested in helping out with Wee Church.  It's the little children's class that takes place after the Tiny Moments section of the service.  I told her yes, and then asked Vee if she'd like to help too.  She did. :)  So we went this Sunday and took the kids (they were ages 2-4  - 2 girls and 3 boys) upstairs at the right time.  We read them their story, a short Scripture passage, and prayed.  It was a little rocky, as the girls wouldn't settle down and sit to listen, and one of them had a bathroom accident, but we got through it.  

All in all, it was fun.  I think once the kids know us a little better, they might respond better to us.

Vee and I both said we would help out again sometime. :)

After church, Vee and I went to the Philippi Inn for lunch and came back here a little before 1 so that I could make it to my work study.  I got a call from my Nana asking when I was free, and we agreed to go to dinner at 5 when I was done.  We went to Moe's and had a really nice visit, talked about horses, her upcoming vacation to Aruba with her husband, and a lot of other things.  :)

After I got back to my dorm, Ethan came over. :)  We watched The Green Mile, which he had never seen before.  He was here from around 6 or so until 11.  It was really fun, and I'm really glad he was here.  We got to talk about a lot of things that we haven't talked about for a long time, things that we needed to discuss.  I felt really good about him being here. :)

So, that was my weekend.  I wish it could have included a visit to Orion, but no one was available to do that when there was actually time to go. :(  Next weekend I'm supposed to go out and help them trim their hooves on Sunday though, if all goes well.  I'll probably stay out there for a while and work with him then.

Oh!  I finally got my saddle, bridle, and saddle blanket. :D  The bridle and blanket got here last week, and the saddle came yesterday.  I'll post pictures soon.  I'm so excited!

I feel like everything is coming together again.  I'm happy with where I am in my life right now.  There are ups and downs, but mostly ups.  :)  I'm in a good place.

Popular Posts