Day 28 - May 3, 2011

Your Favorite Movie


Oh man, this one is a little bit difficult.  I have a couple of favorite movies....Dirty Dancing and Footloose.  Yes, I am a sucker for dance movies.  Step Up is pretty high up there on my list as well.

Both Dirty Dancing and Footloose have a kind of similar theme about going after what you want even if people don't agree with you and are trying to keep you from doing it.  I love that.

I also wish that I could actually dance like the people in those movies - because let's be honest here, I suck at dancing.  No one seems to understand why, including myself, but I just can't do it.  I'm so self conscious of myself...it took all Ethan had to drag me out on the dance floor at the dances we went to in high school, and I think the only reason I was even able to do it then was because of him.  He honestly doesn't care what people think about him, and it's contagious.  I couldn't help but feel that way too at the time.  But any other time - oh boy.  It just doesn't happen, even if I want to. Blah.

If I'm in a crowd of people it's not so bad.  There are more things to pay attention to, and people really aren't going to care about the girl who looks like an idiot when she dances.  However, when it's just a handful of people....yeah, they're gonna notice.

But oh well...maybe one day I won't care what people think, and I'll just go crazy! lol

-Jordan

Comments