Fitness!

Yes, fitness is going to my goal this semester.  Along with passing Organic Chem II.  


I've already started, and I'm quite happy so far (even if it's only been two days of exercising).  I did about 40 minutes of Zumba yesterday and another 20 or so of just dancing around to my new Just Dance 3 Wii game that I received for Christmas (thanks Mom!).  I'm looking to lose about 10 lbs....but as long as I start to feel physically and mentally and emotionally healthier all around, and I start to look a little more like what I looked like when I came to college 2 1/2 years ago, I'll be happy no matter what weight I'm at.  I'm more geared towards being healthy and getting into good habits.


I plan on mixing in yoga, as I mentioned a while back, and probably some Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workouts too.  I want to challenge myself and exercise but also keep it new and interesting from week to week.


My school has finally finished our new student center, to be completely and officially unveiled Thursday night, and included in this center is a new fitness center for non-athletes (athletes will still have their workout/weight room and equipment down in the coliseum).  I'm pretty sure there are supposed to be some ellipticals in our new fitness center, and I'd like to implement those in my routine from time to time as well.  My ankles don't feel so hot after running on a treadmill or, worse, the road ever since I messed them up when I tried to run track in high school.  When I was in physical therapy, they had me do a lot of work on an elliptical, and it helped greatly.  So hey, it can't hurt, right?


Today I danced with the "Just Sweat" mode on Just Dance 3 for about an hour and felt like I was going to die by the end of it...but in a good way.  Hmm..if you can imagine feeling like you're going to die..in a good way... Anyway. lol  It felt really great to be moving.  I was tired and kind of sore, but it felt awesome.


Looking forward to this semester. :)  


Let it all begin tomorrow!

Comments