Babysitting and Such

Well, it's the second day of babysitting, and so far it's going pretty well.  I think my brothers are finally beginning to respect me a bit more.  A bit.  We were banned to the house today and weren't allowed to go outside according to my mother, so they had to find ways to entertain themselves inside and *gasp* that didn't allow playing on the computer for either of them.  I've set my one biggest rule so far, and that is that they are not allowed to spend ungodly amounts of time on the computer because they already do that in the evenings.  They're allowed about an hour in the morning and if they're good, some time after lunch if they're not outside...like today.  It gives them a little incentive to be good, which mainly involves not bickering at each other constantly, which is a normal thing for them.  They struggled with it a little more today than they did yesterday, but I'm hoping they'll maybe learn how to get a long a bit better this summer.  Maybe.


~~~~~~~



Netflix finally got smart and put Dawson's Creek on instant play...yay!  I have the first two seasons on DVD and have rented the third season when I still got actual discs from Netflix, but since I cancelled that part of my subscription, I thought I wasn't going to ever get to finish the series, but now I'm four episodes into the next to last season.  I love it. :)

~~~~~~~

I'm finally going out to the barn this evening, as long as plans hold!  The best friend and I are planning on taking the horses out for a ride, albeit probably a short one.  I'll let you know how that goes and if our curse of never having a normal ride keeps true!

~~~~~~~

One more thing that's coming up soon is the Blue and Gray Reunion in Philippi!  It's something I look forward to every year.  I usually go with my grandpa and uncle and end up seeing so many people that I used to know back when I lived there.  That's really the reason why I look forward to it so much.  Philippi is such a small town, and the Blue and Gray is one of the biggest things that happens there every year.  People come from a lot of different places to see the "first land battle" of the the Civil War and all of the other things it has to offer.  It has admittedly been getting smaller and smaller each year and this year almost didn't happen, but the people I look forward to seeing are usually there for at least a little while.  I'm probably going to try to go this weekend and see if I can get any good pictures.  I need to get back into my photography kick with something other than horses, even if the horses are great. :)

Comments