Banana Ice Cream. Yummmm!

So, I've been on Pinterest a ton lately.

It's addicting....

In my adventures on Pinterest, I have found some really tasty looking recipes!  (Trying to weed out the healthy ones because I'm really trying to get back into shape - starting with eating healthier!)

With that said, I found this simple recipe for banana "ice cream".  Though, as my mom pointed out last night, you can't really call it ice cream since there is no "ice" or "cream" to be found in it.  You just use bananas.  Chop/blend them up in a blender or food processor, and you end up with a custard-like substance.  Put it in the freezer for a couple hours, and it's a little more like regular ice cream consistency.

We tried it yesterday, and it was a hit.  My brothers preferred the straight from the blender version.  We tried a little bit of it that way and then put it in the freezer for an hour and a half and had more of it.  I put the rest back in the freezer for mom to try when she got home from work....annnnd it was rock solid when she got back.  Whoops. Heehee.  She had to wait a little while for it to thaw out, but after she tried it, she said it was pretty good.


Here's the pin if you're on Pinterest: 




And here's the link to the blog.


Hope you try it and enjoy!





Comments