Books Galore!

I've been trying to get back into reading lately.  I read a ton the first half of the year last year.  Then I got thrown, got busy with Fiverr, and realized that not only was it hard to find the time to read, it was also hard to find a comfortable position to read in thanks to my jacked up bone. -_-  Laying down while holding a book up hurt, sitting down and looking down at a book hurt, sitting down while holding a book up hurt, I. Could. Not. Win.  Actually, in all honesty, doing just about everything hurt, there for a while.

So I kind of fell out of the habit.  Then I started to get back into it and read a couple good books.

I found my new place and kept up with reading off and on for a little while....but then the last couple months, a lot of stuff has gone on that kept me from reading.  First, I was trying to unpack and plan out a way my furniture would fit in my room properly.  Then, I took on a new animal or two and started spending a lot of time with and taking care of them.  Also, I found out that I could watch Hulu and Netflix on our TV through Cody's little Neo TV thing....annnnnd the mad dash to catch up/keep up with my shows ensued.  And there are a lot of them.

So now, I'm getting back to reading and trying to balance all those things out a little more.  A healthy balance of all things needed and wanted is key, as there will be some other big priorities taking over here soon....which I don't want to get into now, but I will fill you all in on later.  (Just know this - they're exciting and will set my life in a new, better direction!)


Right now, I'm reading The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate.  It was recommended by a friend.  I've read Lauren Kate's Fallen series, which is a must read if you haven't read it already.  I'm actually the one who got said friend reading this author, so I borrowed her book and started it today.  I'm not very far into it yet (one of the animals kept me awake most of the night, so I fell asleep 10 minutes into starting the book), but it seems interesting so far.


I'm also partway through Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks.  It was what I was reading when I fell off the reading wagon a couple months ago, so I plan to go back and finish it after the Kate book.


I have a multitude of books on my Kindle to read, first of which will probably be a couple of Nancy Drew books by Carolyn Keene that I bought the other day.  I had the entire original hardback series and a lot of the paperbacks when I was a kid.  I loved them, and I've recently gotten back into playing the computer games that they started making years ago.  Unfortunately, I gave all of my ND books and games to the little girl next door when I was clearing out my room one summer during college.  I have almost never regretted the decision to get rid of those and another series of books I gave away that summer more. =\  I only hope that they benefited someone else because I miss them.

What are you reading these days?  Let me know in the comments section below!  I like suggestions. :)

Comments

  1. I loved Nancy Drew! I should try to find them for the Nook and read them again. :D I'm reading a dog mystery series right now. It can be kind of lame and boring sometimes, but it's a good series to read before bed when I'm trying to fall asleep. I forgot what it's called. Dog lovers mysteries or something. It has an Alaskan Malamute named Rowdy in it. Before that I was reading the Anna Pigeon series about a park ranger. I LOVED those and still miss reading them. A few of them toward the end of the series were a little too dark and gruesome for me, but all the rest of them were great. :) I haven't had much time to read because of all the blogs I'm trying to catch up on. Yikes I'm following too many!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah books! I'm making an effort to read more this year, too. I'd like to read a total of 20 books or more by the end of the year. In elementary and middle school I'd gobble that many books up in 6 months or less!!

    I'm reading the Monkey Wrench Gang, The Natural Rider, and two other books whose exact titles aren't coming to me right now....one is about chemistry and how it relates to attraction and the other is about a blizzard that nearly wiped out the settlers in the 1888s. My interests are teasingly diverse lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love hearing your feedback!