Fall Cooking and Planning to Use My Smoker for the First Time

I really want to start cooking more. Now that it’s fall, I want to use my crockpot and my smoker and make awesome soups and stews and meats and....oh my goodness. My mouth is watering so much right now.

Fun fact is that I’ve had my smoker for almost two years now, and I’ve still never used it. Things have calmed down somewhat in life recently, and I’ve been thinking about it more lately. I think I might try some baby back ribs to start. I found and saved a recipe on Bloglovin’ that looks easy and great. I’m really thinking I might look up some how to videos (about my specific smoker) to get started, buy some baby back ribs, and get to it this coming weekend. 

This is the recipe I found:

And that recipe referenced some suggested side recipes, and this one jumped out at me:

We are big fry connoisseurs in this house, and these herbed oven baked fries jumped out at me as looking really tasty and easy to make. It’s something different. We love our tried and true fresh cut deep fried fries, especially smothered in Colby Jack cheese and bacon, but it’s nice to change it up once in a while!

For myself, I might also throw in some grilled Brussels sprouts or broccoli and cheese. Darryl won’t touch the green stuff, but I definitely will!


Comments