Kameron’s First Blanket (From Me!)

I’ve been working on this blanket since a few weeks or so after Kam was born, so for at least 9 months or so. I think I underestimated a bit how much less time I would have for things like this once I became a mom. I still love crocheting, but most days if I get to at all, it’s in 5-10 minute increments!


 

Now that I’m finally finished with this one (as of Sunday night - I was determined to get it done by the end of the weekend), I’m excited to also to finish my other in progress projects and get to some new ones!

I’ve got a 6-Day Kid Blanket that I’m working on for myself. Look up Betty McKnit’s website for the free pattern. It’s pretty easy and fun to do. It can be resized to whatever size you want to make! There is also a Facebook group that just has people who make this blanket, and they’re all (including the creator of the pattern) willing to help out if you have questions along the way. It’s also a great place to get color way ideas. It’s where I first saw the yarn I ended up buying for mine. 

Once I’m finished with my 6-Day Kid Blanket, I might make some in baby blanket size to sell in my Etsy store. It has been long abandoned, though not forgotten, due to sheer lack of time to dedicate to it. That’s something I would like to have back underway by next year at the latest. I have plans for lots of new things to make and sell - new hats, shawls, blankets (baby-adult size, hopefully), hand warmers, and maybe other things yet to be imagined. Due to the aforementioned sheer lack of time, I’ll probably just make things and sell them as they’re finished rather than doing many made to order items. I’ve experienced how quickly those can pile up, and I just don’t have the time to dedicate to solely making 20 hats in one week to ship out. That time crunch was sometimes an enjoyable challenge (and other times a stressful one) pre-baby, but now I’m not interested in getting myself into that. I can pretty vividly imagine how that would end up. Yikes.


Comments