Writing, writing, writing!

Well, today has been fairly productive!  Finally! lol

Yesterday, I got absolutely nothing done.  I just for some reason could not get motivated, and I laid around in bed most of the day.  I actually felt like crap for doing it, but even that didn't help me convince myself to get my butt out of bed.

Today I made a point of staying busy as soon as I got up, and it worked fairly well.  I still feel wiped out (I can't figure out why), but I manged to get a fair amount of writing done.  At first, I couldn't concentrate and just didn't have that whole creative vibe going for me.  Last week, though, I realized when I was watching The Fellowship of the Ring that it kind of made me want to write more.  Don't ask me why!  The only thing I can figure is that it's just such a creative story to begin with (and by the way, yes I have read the books :) )  that some of that rubs off on me and puts me in that mood.  I can't think of anything else it could be. lol  My mind roams and comes up with ideas when I'm watching it.  It's kind of cool, actually.  So, today I decided to do a little experiment and test that theory.  I put in The Two Towers, and lo and behold, I cranked out a lot of good writing in the first hour before my hand cramped and I had to stop for a while (I wasn't typing on the computer for that period of time because every time I've been on it the last two days, I've been horribly distracted).

So, here I go again.  Back to the grindstone.  I'm going to see if I can get anything else out of this head of mine right now.  I'm still hoping to have the complete revision done in a couple of weeks.  We'll see if that's too ambitious or not, haha. :)

-Jordan

Comments