I'm baaaaaack! :)

It's been a while since I last wrote, but now I'm back!  It's time to get back on the ball here.

I've been working on getting my butt back in shape and catching up on old TV shows I used to watch, all while looking for a job.  I swear, it's like no one other than fast food is hiring right now! And I promised myself I wouldn't work fast food unless it was my absolute last option.  Instead, I finally got a job the other day at a restaurant in Philippi.  It means I'll have to spend a lot of time there for the rest of my summer, but on the up side, it also means I'll be able to work weekends there when I go back to school.

I finally got my driving permit again.  Hopefully this time I'll actually get to drive enough to be able to take and pass the test.  I got to drive yesterday, which was pretty awesome, and I'm hoping to do it again today if my mom ever decides she's ready to leave the house.


My family :)

Chimney Rock

 My family and I took a pretty amazing vacation about a month ago.  We took a trip down to Lake Lure, NC and stayed for 4 or 5 days.  I got some awesome pictures while we were down there.  Go to my Facebook to see them.  If you're not a friend, you won't be able to, for obvious reasons.  We climbed to the top of Chimney Rock and hiked out to a beautiful waterfall one day.  Those are where most of my best pictures were taken.  We rented a cabin on Laurel Lake and swam in the lake once.  I would have been in it more, but we were on the go most of the time, and when we weren't, I was exhausted and just wanted to chill out with a book. :)  It was fun and relaxing and a much needed getaway for all of us.

Hickory Nut Falls

My book isn't anywhere near finished yet.  I've worked on it little by little for the past few weeks, but I kind of just hit a wall for a while and couldn't find the inspiration.  I think I'm finally getting that back now, which is also why I decided to blog today too.  I can kind of keep myself on track with this.


So, with that being said, I'm going to go get started writing for the day! :)

Comments