News!

Helloooooo! :)

Things are good right now!  Finally, I have something to do with my summer so that I am not sitting at home all day doing basically nothing.  I've been working at Smokey Ray's for about a week and half now, and I really really  like it.  All of that tip money is going to be incredibly important if I get this horse that I've been looking at buying. 

Yep, you heard/read that right - I am thinking about buying a horse!  I've wanted to for years, and it's not just some phase like some of my family seems to think.  Horses have been a passion of mine for more than ten years.  I know a lot from reading pretty much any kind of training and behavior books I can get my hands on, and I've helped my best friend with her horse a good deal.  I'm short on experience, but I have friends to help me with that and am more than willing to learn. 

One of the things I want to do most is to use these natural horsemanship techniques for training.  I've read a lot about aromatherapy and herbal remedies - stuff like that - and actually bought a couple more books about them the other day.  If I get the horse, then those will help guide me with some of the things I want to do, and if I don't...well, then I'll still get to learn more about something that I'm very interested in.

What I want isn't just a horse to ride.  I mean, that's exciting, but what I am more  excited about is being able to work with the horse and form that bond that I've only read about and seen Chelsea develop with Kit.  To me, that's the best thing about having your own horse. 

I've never had the money or a place to keep a horse before, and I have both right now.  So if I am going to get him, then right now is the perfect time.

I just have to work on actually getting  him first and not get too ahead of myself here. lol



Comments

  1. I'm 100% positive between me and liz we could get you and orion a ride over to Lindas. But she told me everything that she would give you with him, and that alone is AT LEAST 100$ worth of stuff. :) but he's honestly... i was SO impressed with everything about him. He's an old soul horse and I think you'd be so glad you did it. :)

    lololol. sorry, chels hears me all the time dissing her natural horsemanship. you can tell me to shut up any time. ;) i just wanna kick parelli in the face. he's money hungry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you guys could get him trailered, that would be amazing. :) I'd like to go out and see him tomorrow. Chels is going to come with me, if Liz is available. Tomorrow will be the only day that I am completely free for the next week and a half, so it would be my best bet for going up there. I'm really excited, but I'm trying not to get ahead of myself. I'm completely aware that Liz might say no.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love hearing your feedback!