Right Now

Do something. Anything.
Dance. Talk. Build. Network. Play. Help. Create. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you're doing it. --Jessica Hagy (How to Be Interesting)

This actually describes me pretty well right now. I don't mind not being in school at the moment, but I do put a lot of emphasis on myself to "do". I'm spending a lot of time catching up on TV shows and getting to know my new roommates better, but every day, I try to do some things to fix or spruce up the apartment, write, read some of the books that I've had for years and not gotten around to, go walking (or running, when I feel like it), just overall doing things I love and things to build myself up and make life better.

Don't get me wrong - school is still a priority, but I also love my routine of working and coming home to have time to do the things I want to do. After 4+ years of putting schoolwork and regular work above everything else and majorly burning myself out in the process, I've really come to cherish where I'm at now and take each moment as it comes.

I like my job. I don't love it. But it's a paycheck, most of the people I work with are nice, and there's still room for growth there. I know it's not where I'll stay for good, but for the time being, it's convenient and allows me to do the things I want to do, so it works.

So for now, I'm figuring things out. I have a lot of different options and different directions I can go in. I'm keeping my eye out for any jobs more suited to me and considering different schools and when  I want to start them. But I'm not rushing things. It might not be what family and other people throughout my life have seen my future as, not what they want me to do, but I'm happy. And to me, right now that's all that matters.

Comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love hearing your feedback!