An Announcement Regarding the Future

I've finally taken the dive and started a program that will help me pursue a job that I truly believe I will love and am passionate about.


A little over a month ago, I requested information on a vet assistant program at Ashworth College, an online school I had read about a few times.  I sat on the information for a couple weeks while I thought about it and weighed the pros and cons.

....I couldn't really find any cons.


So I applied.  And within a day, I was given access to the online portal and all of the materials I needed to set up my profile and start my first lesson of my first unit.



The first lesson is all about study techniques and prioritizing and time management and how to navigate the student portal on their website.  All important stuff.  All stuff I find interesting.  But not what I'm excited about, lol.  I'm almost through with it, and then the real fun begins.  I'll get to start studying what I need to learn to excel at as a vet assistant.


In addition to this, as soon as I can, I'm going to look into volunteering at the small clinic here in town to get some experience working there and get to know the people there.  I'm hoping that if I can get to know them, they'll give me a job when I get the diploma, or direct me to someone who can if there aren't any openings available.



So there it is...all out in the open.  Only a small handful of people know about this, so....surprise, everyone else!  I'm more excited about this than I've ever been, and it feels so good to finally be doing something again!


Comments

  1. Awesome!!!! I'm so excited for you! :D I loved working at the vet clinic in my old town. I was just the receptionist, but I got to do a lot of stuff with the animals too and I learned a lot. I think you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so very perfect for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love hearing your feedback!