Etsy - Writing Challenge, Day 3

I mentioned a few days ago that I wasn't sure if I was going to keep my Etsy shop or not....

I've thought about it a good bit since then, and I've decided that I will.  For now, at least.  It's just easier if someone wants to pay with a card rather than cash, and I can send receipts through it too, even if they're purchasing something in person as most do.  I don't get many orders that require shipping, but it makes that simpler too.

The first ever baby blanket I made for a friend's little boy last year.

I don't do a lot of sales throughout the year unless it's a random blanket here and there for a gift someone wants to buy.  It gets a little discouraging, but on the other hand, it's a nice break after I bust my butt to make tons of stuff leading up to Christmas.  The past couple years I've made so many messy bun hats and criss cross hats.  But having that little flurry of activity has been a nice little way to help me recover from gift-buying during the holiday season.


Messy bun hat

Messy bun hat

 (Though I wouldn't argue if you browsed my shop. ;) )

I've gone through and taken inventory of what I have that is still on my shop, so what is listed available on there actually is available (pay attention to whether it says they're already made or made to order though).  I have some stuff in stock, but the rest I'll be making to order for now.  I might make some more stuff up as we get into fall, but I always end up stuck with a bunch on hand because people who order want specific things, so I probably won't do too many pre-made items.  I'm likely going to end up tossing some stuff into a yard sale sometime soon just to get it out of my spare bedroom!

Baby blanket made at a friend's request earlier this year.



So, the shop is primed for fall/winter/holidays.  One more thing off my to do list!  If you're interested in anything there, please let me know!

Comments