Labor Day Fun - Writing Challenge, Day 20

So I didn’t write yesterday...I had every intention of sitting down and putting words to a post covering our Jubilee experience (it was so hot out, but still so fun!). 

Unfortunately, I ended up sunburnt because stupid me forgot to take sunscreen. I also ended up dehydrated, which in turn screwed with my IST, and I came very close to passing out or getting sick at Darryl’s mom’s house later that evening. By the time we got home, I was in no shape to write. I just did everything I knew to get it all under control and took a nap. Once I slept for a little while, the ibuprofen and part of a Gatorade I’d drank, along with the cold shower I took, all seemed to have calmed it down a lot. I no longer had the pounding migraine, high pulse, or nausea to anywhere near the extent it had been. I ended up staying up a little while longer and then went to bed for the night. So no writing that night!

I’ll save the Jubilee post for tomorrow, since I’m currently writing from my phone in bed. I took a few photos I want to share properly! 

It’s been too hot out most of the weekend to do any of the yard work I wanted to do, so instead I did a few things inside and read most of the day during the time we were home. I’ve been working my way through “Echoes of Titanic”, and it’s a great mystery read! I’ve barely been able to put it down today. I’d highly recommend it to anyone, and I’m not even finished with it yet!


We also went to the new Harbor Freight store today. Darryl was like a kid in a candy store and stocked up on a few tools he’s been drooling over for months. He took this week off from work and is doing some work around the house, so the stuff he bought should help things move a little faster and make the work a bit easier!

Comments